Friday, March 28, 2014

The now of the little girl.

Every time I see a glimpse of that little girl,
I wish to tell her... tell her to wait. 
Hold on! What's the hurry? 
Why the rush?
You'll grow up in no time. 
You'll be aware of the nasty world in no time!
But, you'll also lose touch with the beauty of your world. 
You'll lose your innocence. 
It will be a deal between you and the world. 
I wish you win. I really do. 
And if you do, may be the world will be different. 
May be my world will be different.

Life can be beautiful...
But, only if you allow the harsh realities to mold you instead of bury you. 
And that is a fight you must experience.
I wish you win. I really do. 
And if you do, may be you'll be a hero. 
May be your light will erase someone else's darkness. 

But while you're here, just wait. 
Be here, be now. 
The deal, the fight, the struggle will come when it's meant to.
Don't barge in, and force your way through.
Because what you have now - is to be treasured and enjoyed. 

Dear little girl, you have a long way to go,
Don't rush it, for you may regret
Cherish the now, so that in your struggles you have something pretty to hold. 
Something that will motivate you to stand your grounds,
Hold your head high and move, move swiftly and steadily 
With hope for a brighter future when you win. 
I wish you win. I really do.
And if you do, you'll have the strength to face it all.
You will be the woman of substance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment